Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia. Additionally bleeding is minimized because the high energy beam aids in the clotting (coagulation).
Applications for laser dentistry include:
- Crown lengthening – dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthier tooth structure and improve appearance.
- Soft tissue recontouring can provide a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations and reduce the appearance of a "gummy" smile.
- Muscle attachment: (Frenum) A laser frenectomy is ideal for children who are tongue tied (restricted frenum attachment). This can often improve speech impediments.
- Benign tumors: (Fibromas) Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture free removal of benign fibromas on the sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold sores and canker sores: Laser application can aid in healing and reduce discomfort in common oral lesions.
Our office continually strives to offer state of the art technology and dental techniques to assure the very best dental care for our patients.